Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Broccoli Salad


Broccoli Salad


List of Ingredients

1 bunch broccoli (about four crowns)
3/4 c. raisins I like golden raisins
1/2 c. chopped red onion
1 tbs. sugar
2 tbs. vinegar (can use balsamic)
1 c. mayonnaise
10 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
1 c. sunflower seeds (optional)


Recipe

Fry bacon slices and set aside. Cut broccoli into flowerets and tender stem pieces. Mix, sugar, vinegar, mayo . Add to broccoli, along with remaining ingredients. Refrigerate and serve chilled. I make the day before.

NOTE: these are my proportions, which I changed slightly from the recipe that was given to me. That one says 5 cups of broccoli, so I guess it would depend on the size of the bunch you have to start with. I use more raisins and onion than the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday to do's

Change bathroom towels Make next week's menu & grocery list Order groceries, if doing Deep clean dishwasher Vacuum car Go through ca...