Monday, February 13, 2023

I Literally Avoided a Good Friend πŸ™Š

Friends,

Am I the only Scrooge that sees a phone call or DM from a friend I haven’t spoken to in *literally* 10 years, and instantly raises an eyebrow in suspicion?! 🀣

Well, it finally happened to me… not one but TWO friends from my past reached out to me within the same week or so, one via voicemail and one via Facebook message… simply wanting to catch up out of nowhere. 

Stick with me here… I know I sound like a cold-hearted spinster, but trust me, I’m not!  

Something in my gut was just saying, “nahhh.” 🚩🚩🚩 

Come to find out (through another friend who received the exact same calls & messages from both girls!), these ladies had joined a NW Marketing company and were actively reaching out to a bunch of us.
https://giphy.com/gifs/frustrated-ryan-gosling-wMvESGxZ0Cqd2
Even though it felt icky, and I virtually hid from both of them, I felt for them, deep in my soul. 

I’ve wanted two things more than anything in life: 

 To help people.  (Truly help them.)
To have freedom and flexibility.  (That’s 2 things making 3 total, but shhh. 🀫)

But I vowed to myself to do whatever it took to never become “that person,” even if it meant growing my business more slowly than other business owners who are hustling their friends and family.  

I’d rather be the girl that realized she can change lives while having total control over her destiny, and she can build it any way she wants. ✨

It just meant getting out of my comfort zone, out of my own dang head, and deciding to take an action.  To do something different.

Friends, if you take one thing away from my story and thoughts today, I hope it’s that you can trust your gut, and do things your own way.  And it will all be okay. (In fact, chances are FRIGGIN HIGH it will be better than you even imagined.) πŸ’œ

Your biggest cheerleader,

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday to do's

Change bathroom towels Make next week's menu & grocery list Order groceries, if doing Deep clean dishwasher Vacuum car Go through ca...